Two steps back?

I want to live in a bubble.

My biggest bugbear in any quest for wellness is my seeming inability to deal with stress. Apparently, according to Dr. Mike, stress is one of the many things that can cause the subluxations that can throw your nervous system all out of whack. Well, given my tendency to carry every ounce of stress in my life in my neck, shoulders, and back, I believe him. It also explains why my spinal exam looked as bad as it did.

This week, not only did work throw an unexpected conference at me, with a bunch of unexpected responsibilities there, but we ended up with a minor family emergency. And, as usual, I just internalized every bit of that stress until I was wound tighter than a ball of twine. I think any good Dr. Mike might have done on Monday was completely undone by the time I walked into his office today. One step forward, two steps back...

I have to say though, he was amazing. I didn't even have to tell him what exactly was going on, only that it was a very stressful time, and... yeah. It's hard to put into words, but the fifteen minutes or so I was in the office with him and the hour or so following my appointment was the only time today I haven't felt like I was on the verge of tears. That alone makes this all worthwhile. He recommended a good workout (which I was planning anyway) and told me he hoped things improved, and I just felt better. I've never been a big one on the whole "energy" thing, but I really do believe that the positive energy some people exude just affects everyone around them.

I did have a good workout, and even an extra chance to chat with Shawn. I did find out that my fondness for stretching (I always want to include like, twenty minutes, with every workout) is actually a good thing; I thought I was just being a lazy something-or-other who didn't want to do something harder.

And hopefully, things will get better so the stress subsides a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.