Heal thyself

Today's valuable lesson: surround yourself with knowledgeable people, then listen to what they tell you.

When I told Shawn that I was feeling rather under the weather last night, he suggested I might be a little played out, and sagely advised me to take today off, get lots and lots of rest, take lots of Vitamin C, drink ginseng tea, and get more rest. While I was a little skeptical about calling into work sick because my trainer told me to, when I got up this morning and exhausted myself trying to get dressed, I decided he was probably right, and even though I've used my one allotted sick day this month, I called in sick. My throat was still sore, my head was pounding, and I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I stumbled through making myself some newly-bought oatmeal for breakfast (which even in my state of illness was incredibly yummy), and then stumbled back to bed. I did have to haul myself out of bed for a chiropractor's appointment, and to straighten out a paperwork snafu at Nubody's, but besides that, I've been sleeping.

And you know what? I actually feel better. Not 100%, and still tired (I undertook a very strenuous walk followed by a nap, and then did laundry and made my lunch - exhausting, I know), but a whole bunch better than I did. I'm pretty sure I can handle work tomorrow and my training session. Very different from my usual tactic, which would be to fight through at all costs. I suspect this way is much better.

And now I'm going to bed so I can get a good night's rest before work tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.