Gold stars!!

Look at the blogging consistency!! Gold star for me! (Seriously, I keep telling Shawn he needs to give out gold stars - he hasn't listened so far).

I realized that when I used to start my workday by procrastinating just a little bit and updating my blog, I was a lot less stressed, a lot less harried, and overall better able to manage things. So, I don't care how much I have to do, I'm going to start my workday by drinking my coffee (I'm still trying to give it up, but that might have to wait for a month when work isn't quite so stressful) and updating my blog. I like updating my blog. Today I was going to include some awesome photos I took at lunch yesterday, but I forgot to transfer them from my home computer to Photobucket, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Oh, and speaking of pictures, keep an eye on Jack Sh*t's blog. He has this great "W.I.D.T.H." or "Why I Do This Here" Challenge going on, and I decided to put in my submission. Read my blog first, but then go over there. It's an awesome blog. I hope to be as awesome as Jack Sh*t someday.

So the plyometrics workout that I was terrified of, then hated, then was kind of ambivalent about, and now actually rather love? Shawn has decided he's no longer sure about giving me that one and wants to look at it again. Apparently that's a rather "sports-specific" type of workout, and he's being coached about making sure that his clients' workouts fit their goals. I dunno. I liked it. It was a challenge, but it was fun. And there's something incredibly satisfying about having other people in the gym come up to you and say "Wow! That looks hard." But, at the same time, I do see how it's the workout where I'm most likely to hurt myself. Hmm.... not sure how I feel about it.

I sometimes want to take my phone off the hook. Just saying.

Shawn and I had a great workout last night again. He's challenging me with a lot harder exercises that require me to be a lot more body aware - things like keeping my weight balanced between both feet and concentrating on multiple muscle groups at once. And a random guy complimented my ass. Well, I'm going to take it as a compliment anyway. He said he regretted that we were moving and he would lose the view of my ass as I did advanced supermans. Highlight of my day, actually. And, I finally got to take in a Zumba class at the club. It's fun. Not as challenging from a cardiovascular standpoint as step class, but fun. I think if I ever do reach my goal of being a group fitness instructor, and maybe manage to find some rhythm somewhere (maybe order it off the internet?) I could have a lot of fun with that.

Must actually start my workday before someone else calls to harass me about something. A dozen people have told me in the last week that I need a new job. This might be because my new philosophy is that a good day at work is any day where I didn't cry. And I still don't get many of those. *sigh* At least I still have the gym.

Happy Hump-Day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.