Happy Blogging Time and a challenge!

There are twenty minutes until I take my lunch. I don't want to start anything new. Hence, this becomes "down time" which means, happy blogging time!!

Happy blogging time was preceded by forty minutes of reading everyone else's blogs. I'm not nearly funny enough. You all are a riot. Compared to you, I'm kind of boring.

Today is a boring post, because I posted late last night, and not much happened between now and then. I slept. I went to work. Of the two, sleeping was probably more exciting.

I'm texting with my friend as I write this - I know, multitasking at its best, right? - and she just informed me she "forgot" to pack a lunch. I know there was a time in my life when meals were so unimportant to me that I didn't bother packing lunches, but really, I don't remember when. And it certainly hasn't been since I started on this journey. Grr. Frustration.

So, remember how I said I hate burpees? I may not hate them as much as I thought. Actually, now that I'm getting better at them, it's kind of fun. I look stupid, but there's a satisfaction in looking stupid. I mean, jumping jacks make you look stupid too. But I kind of don't mind burpees now. I'm not telling Shawn this, because I just can't handle giving him that satisfaction.

So, I have a challenge for you all. Take an exercise you don't like (or don't think you would like) and every day, do a little bit. In my case, it was burpees, so the first time I tried them, I said I only had to do eight. Then ten. Then one set of ten and two sets of however many I could do. Now I can do one set of fifteen and two sets of twelve. See if you can make it fun somehow. Create a competition between you and your ten-year-old. Put a dollar in a jar for every one you do. Envision a naked Hugh Jackman cheering you on. Envision a naked Hugh Jackman as your reward. Whatever....

...

...

Sorry, got distracted there for a minute. Suddenly seeing much better rewards in my future.

Anyway, I'm certainly not about to reinvent the 100 Burpee Challenge or anything (I think those people were nuts; though I do recall Shawn telling me his boss made him do, like, 110 burpees before she hired him - and I thought I had been to tough job interviews) but I think this is a fun way to incorporate more exercise into your life, and as Shawn is fond of reminding me, the exercises we dislike most tend to be those which hit our weaknesses. For me, it's the stationary bike. I am a self-proclaimed cardio junkie, but I hate that bike. So for the next month, every time I'm at the gym, I am going to jump on the stationary bike and go as long as I can. My goal is to get up to an hour, and maybe even brave one of the spin classes.

What's your challenge going to be?

I'll keep everyone updated on how I'm doing, and I want you all to do the same!

One month - give yourself one month and see how well you can do! Mark where you started and where you finished in terms of FITNESS - not in terms of weight loss, because I want everyone to think about this as a fitness challenge, not a weight loss challenge, and if you can do 25 pushups in a month, where you could only do 5 when you started, then you are definitely more fit.

I also need someone to come up with an awesome title, because all challenges have awesome titles, and I suck at those...

Start thinking and shout out what you're doing!

1 comments:

baygirl32 said...

I would love it if my challenge could be something like lifting a fork to my mouth (its kind of fitness, I am working muscles, and its kind of something I hate, because its what got me here)... I will say crunches. I will do crunches with my medicine ball. If you listen hard enough you may hear me cussing...

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.