Do unto others...

Well, me being stuck in a stupid hotel in the middle of nowhere (sorry, let me rephrase that - at the edge of nowhere... the highway I was driving on came to an end today.... it was awesome...) means that when I get bored, I think. When I think, I want to blog. Because if I just continue to think, my hands are free, and then I want to eat.

See, I think of about a dozen things a day that I'd like to blog about, but I don't. Usually because I have too much already to blog about and only so much time. But now I have time. And so, you all get posts.

Today my thoughts automatically go to my friends, mostly because I'm alone. I have a lot of friends who are overweight or obese, and the more I learn about nutrition and healthy living, the more I find myself really concerned about them. Like, scared for them.

It puts me in a hard spot. I want to encourage them to be healthy and more active, but at the same time, I don't want to be preachy or self-righteous. I want them to know the real dangers behind their ill health, but I don't want to be the monster. I just want my friends to be healthy - I don't want them to die prematurely.

It actually makes me uncomfortable when they talk about making bad food choices or I see them with atrocious meals. I want to tell them they don't have to eat like that. But, of course, I don't.

And, of course, I end up distanced from people. They don't bother asking me out for dinner or such because they figure I wouldn't want to go. And I likely wouldn't because the places they choose don't fit in with my lifestyle.

I want my friends to be healthier because I'm happier being healthy. I want my friends to be happy too.

Does anyone else have that challenge?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.