Perspective

I never intended to be the girl who ran races.

It's true. That's not why I learned to run. I first learned to run because it was a good calorie burn. Then I learned I liked to run. So I wanted to learn to run so I could run. I spent months running without having a race to run in.

I could have run a 5k months ago. I didn't. Because I didn't care if I ran races.

I just wanted to be able to run.

Sometimes a little perspective is a good thing. I've been so upset - even a little depressed - over missing the Cobequid Trail Run. I considered trying it anyway. And then I sat down and asked myself one question - what do I have to lose?

If my knee injury was the beginning of something major, I could do irreparable damage trying to run ten kilometres. And then I'd never be able to run again.

When I started this, I wasn't trying to run races. I was trying to run.

One race wasn't worth that. There will be other races.

Because I'm never going to stop running.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.