Oops... broken butts are distracting...

I totally forgot to do my Affirmation and I Can yesterday. My broken butt distracted me.

I am happy to report it's less broken today. Actually, feels almost back to normal. I'm going to put on some yoga pants and stretch while I let the dogs out for their evening run just to be safe, but as long as nothing's really achy tomorrow, I think I'll try a shorter run - 3 miles or so. I never thought there would be a time in my life when 3 miles would be a short run.

Last night was my second-last session with Shawn... I've decided I am going to step away from the personal training, at least long enough to get school started and get my life squared away. And, to figure out that I'm not going to fall flat on my face going this alone. Then, I can go back to it because I want to, not because I have to. I think that's the difficult dilemma for me. I do see a lot of benefits from personal training beyond just an improvement in my physical fitness, but I don't necessarily see them as essential - more as luxuries. So the effect on my stress level, my overall happiness, my sense of accomplishment, my confidence... I have a hard time justifying going back when I don't have the clearly defined goal of improving my physical health. But, if in a month or two I want to go back to personal training because I want to go back - I will. I'm making that promise to myself.

In the meantime, I'm working on a "testimonial" for him. They are really freaking hard to write, by the way. I have so many things I'd like to say, and I can't figure out how, or they're something I would say personally, but not professionally, or whatever. I've decided to write the "professional" testimonial, but I'm also getting a card that allows me to be a little more personal about what all this has meant. This - finally being the size I am, the weight I am, enjoying the level of physical fitness I have - was a dream I truly thought was unattainable. He allowed me to reach it.

Anyhow, going to put in my affirmation and I Can, and run off to keep working on my testimonial.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.