Share a Spoon.. or Salad Fork.. or whatever

Think Tank Momma

Anyone who has spent any time with me knows about my incredible love of all things salad. Like all things salad. Seriously, I can take any food, and figure out how to make it a salad. So when I stumbled on this today, I had to join. Because I have seven million salad recipes (note that may not be entirely accurate).

All I had to do was pick a recipe... and I'm gonna pick this one that I just figured out the other day and realized I really liked. Because that's what I do - throw crap together, add green stuff, and call it a salad.

Oh, and you should know, I suck at writing recipes, so... yeah. You get ingredients. I'm assuming you know how to cook. Adjust the amounts as needed.

Lemon Asparagus Pasta Salad
Serves: 1 ish with leftovers, probably (the joys of only cooking for yourself)

Ingredients
1/2 c whole wheat "short" pasta like rotini (I like Catelli Healthy Harvest)
5-6 asparagus spears
10-12 baby carrots, halved or quartered
1/2 small onion (though I really like onion, you might want less)
1/2 c white mushrooms, washed and sliced
1/2 small tomato, diced
1/2 English cucumber, diced
Baby Spinach (As much as you want)
lemon thyme (ummm...some. I grabbed a bunch from my herb garden.)
lemon juice (again... some)
black pepper (I think the term I should be using here is "to taste")

Cook the pasta. I'm not explaining how to boil water.

Saute asparagus, carrots, and mushrooms, but don't overcook veggies - they should still have some firmness; add onions and lemon thyme and lightly saute for a few more minutes. Turn heat to low, add cooked pasta, spinach, tomatoes, and cucumber. Add lemon juice and pepper and toss in heated pan for several minutes until everything smells and tastes sufficiently lemony. Remove from heat and allow to cool or serve warm - tastes great either way!

Master recipe maker, I am not.

Have a 3.1 mile run planned for tonight. Will post my Affirmations and I Can after that.



2 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

This sounds fabulous! I love asparagus! OMG! I am salivating! Thanks for Sharing with us!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! My husband and I love asparagus!! Cant wait to try it!

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.