Listen, Jacob...

I knew I was in for it.

I walked into the club yesterday afternoon, Shawn met me at the door with one of those "I'm secretly working for the Spanish Inquisition" grins, and cheerfully said "How would you feel about doing a run today, with some drills on Jacob's Ladder?" Which, by the way, is trainer's speak for "Unless you have a damned good reason why we shouldn't, we're going for a run today, and doing some drills on Jacob's Ladder."

I don't know who Jacob is, but if I ever meet him, I have a few choice suggestions for him about his freaking ladder. 175 freaking steps, practically straight up. We did them going every other step, so it was more of a challenge for the hamstrings and glutes. Three times. I think Shawn finally took pity on me because I really don't do heights, and coming down was making me dizzy. The run itself is about 4.5 - 5 km, round trip, which on a good day is a challenge. Oh, and did I mention it was 28 freaking degrees Celsius out? I was a hot, sticky, humid mess by the time I got back to the gym. And today, my ass hurts. A lot.

Anyhow, there's some fitness challenge thing going on at Victoria Park today that Shawn is demonstrating at - I thought I'd go take my camera and get some photos, plus I want to stop up to the Farmers Market. I keep missing all the really good deals. And if I mean to hit any of the good deals, I must get going, so cheers all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.