Faith & Believing



So... the blog has a very new look.... and even a new title!

I didn't want to actually move it, but I realized that my path was no longer as simple as a path, and my blog had become less about that path than about the challenges of a healthy life as a whole. So, this is the paraphrased line from one of my favourite songs, which is in full at the side. I'm going to make this my own mantra from now on.

Impossible is not a word.

Sometimes I need this kind of reminder. Sometimes I need to be reminded I can do anything. Tonight, while still enthusing to my closest friend about running a full 4.5 miles, I mentioned that I would be adding 1/2 mile a week to my long run from here on out, and that I had 1.7 miles to add to my total mileage if I planned to be able to run the 10K at the end of August. Her response? "I'll keep my fingers crossed for you."

That stung for some reason. For me, it was as if she was saying, "I don't believe you can do it, but if you want to try, have at it." I would have liked to have heard "You can do it," or "You'll do great," or... well even nothing, really. Instead she went on to say how she doesn't run. I get that a lot. Like people think they need to justify their not running to me, or like they are trying to belittle my decision to just run.

You know what? I don't need anyone to understand. I'd like them to, but I don't need them to. For me, every step, every time my foot hits the ground, I'm getting one step closer to my dream.

Maybe I'll get this just to drive the message home.

In the meantime, I'll just keep running.

1 comments:

Julie said...

Loving the new look! Keep on running! You can do anything you set your mind to!

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.