Moving on?



I only have 2.5 weeks left of working with Shawn.

He told me that last night and part of me wanted to cry. I don't feel like I'm ready to move on yet. I mean, he's going to build me a real kickass program to keep moving forward on my own, but at the same time, I just like having someone to work with - the social aspect of it. And yet, I do think I need to learn to do this on my own, at least for a little bit, while my life is stable. That being said, I've resolved that when I start back to school, as soon as I'm financially able to, I'm going to buy a few more sessions - at least enough to meet once a week through the school year. School is hard for me. It's one of those areas of my life where I had a really, really difficult time maintaining a sense of balance - and anyone who has been a student knows how easy it is to sit at home, study, and eat.

We had a good, exhausting session last night. We even got to do some really fun stuff, like punching drills. All I can say is, it's a good thing I run. Then, I put in a solid 40 minutes on the elliptical. I'm going to start doing a minimum of 40 minutes of cardio every day I train, with at least two sessions a week that run 45 minutes or longer. I need to be able to push until I can go well over an hour, after all, since I don't expect to complete that run in under an hour.

I've also gone back to a really mild form of tracking my calories for a bit, through SparkPeople's calculator. It's not as accurate as my own food journal, but also not as ever-present, so I'm not as likely to get obsessive. That's my theory anyway. And I really want these last few pounds off and gone, and I was doing really well when I had my food journals, so I'm hoping this will work again.

Still hoping to hear what others think of the "I Can..." Project, and don't forget to let me know what you can do!

TGIF Everyone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.