Baby, it's hot out there!

For the second day in a row, I am wearing a halter top at work. Not sure it's really work-appropriate attire, but it's hitting 32 degrees Celsius again today, so I officially don't care. And have I mentioned how much I love being able to wear halter tops? This little material is really quite cool. Must invest in a few more.

Was out yesterday to do a photoshoot with Shawn. It was a different turn for us. I'm quite confident with my camera (behind it, that is, rather than in front of it), but of course in the relationship Shawn and I have, he's usually the one directing and I'm the one following. And he is Mr. Confidence and Self-Assuredness. Not so much in front of a camera. Like everyone else, he becomes very aware of his own perceived shortcomings. It was a very.... interesting experience for me, because I do perceive Shawn as a model of fitness to which I should aspire, and yet he doesn't think he's perfect either. (For the record, I think he's a very good-looking guy... and most agree with me... but then most don't see the physical flaws I see in myself either).

Today (and I think this is punishment for all the harassment I put him through yesterday) we're going on another long run. In this weather. I like running. I don't like the heat and humidity. This is going to be gross.

Short post today, because I'm going to actually try to get some work accomplished, and because I want to be able to leave you with this week's "Friday Fun Facts!"

  • Looking to cut a few extra calories without trying too hard? Trying flipping a switch - specifically, your TV's on/off switch. Turns out cutting your TV time in half can burn an extra 100 calories a day, without your doing anything else!

  • Feeling a little blah? Have a sip of green tea. Sky high in antioxidats, studies have shown that those who drink four or more cups a day are markedly less likely to suffer mild or severe depression. In these warm summer months, try it iced.

  • We all know the effects of winter on our skin, but the harsh summer sun can be just as harmful. This summer, protect yours from the inside out by stocking up on these three sweet treats: watermelon, nectarines, and cherries. Compounds in the fruits may boost your skin's natural resilience against wrinkles and sun damage.
That's that! Hoping the sunshine lasts into the weekend - I'm considering getting really brave and buying my first swimsuit in, oh, five years or so and hitting a beach! Wish me luck!

TGIF!

1 comments:

Julie said...

Makes me want some iced tea!!

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.