The award goes to....

Courtesy of River @ Losing on Purpose

I have my first award!!!!!!


*tearfully runs to the stage, kissing everyone she passes... going out of her way to pass the really cute guys... straight is relative after all...*

This is so awesome... it absolutely made my day when I saw I had been given an award. Actually, I was so excited, I nearly wet myself and spit out my tea all at the same time (that would have been a hell of a mess). Why, yes, my blogging is becoming a bit of an obsession, why do you ask?

So, like all awards, this one has rules. And it's more than the usual, look pretty, represent the Academy well, try not to trip on the stairs, keep your speech short, don't worry when Kanye says someone else should have won. These are serious. And here they are:
1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER! Check
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:

(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
That would be really fun, but a bit hard on the diet. And the migraine meds.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
I block those out.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
See above.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
If I had a video camera, I totally would have done this. If I can convince an open-mined friend to some video tape me someday, I might. But not today.


(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, makeup, etc) and post it.

You asked for it. If you have any small children, have them leave the room so they aren't traumatized. It took me two days before my brain was functioning well enough in the morning to remember I had to take a picture of myself. And then only because I put the camera next to the alarm clock.


3. Pass this award onto at least 3, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.

Yay!! I love passing things on!! Okay, so my choices are:

#1: Super easy choice, and my first page to turn to each morning when I get to work, I mean have a free moment. Baygirl32 @ What's the Story, Morning Glory?

#2: She's probably won this a hundred times with all her awesomeness, but she can have another because without her I'd never make it through a workday without killing someone: Dual Mom @ We're At Dad's That Week

#3: You'll all want to join Julie at the finish line - I do - @ Wine at the finish line and other stories

#4: She deserves to have an award created just for her, but I don't have one, so I'll give her this one - I have never been more inspired than the day I found Kayla's story @ "Big Girl" No More. Read it. Seriously. Go. Now. I'll wait till you get back to me.

So, that's it for that! I have to go let all these people know, and hope they're as excited as I was!

In other news, I might have the beginnings of a stress fracture to my left lower leg. Hmm. Maybe not though. Stress fractures are one of those things where, "Well, it could be a stress fracture... it could be a muscle strain.... it could be that you tried to close your foot in the door..." In any case, probably going to be cutting back the running this week. Shawn is going to be thrilled to hear that the first time he left me on my own, I broke myself. If I was a less honest person, I just wouldn't tell him, but that would make me both dishonest and stupid. I can't handle being both. In the meantime, I'm gonna hope it's just muscle strain.

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Dual Mom said...

Ahahahah I love it! I love the email you sent too regarding the whole blogging while drunk thing. You know I'm just Klassy enough to do such a thing, right?

Cassandra said...

Know it? I'm looking forward to it! Just knowing what you post sober, I can't wait to see what you post drunk.

Julie said...

Thanks!! Wow, I never win anything...lol!!! I'm honored! How do I post this to my blog? I'm still a newbie at this...

Cassandra said...

You can just save the image, then just upload it in Blogger's editor (the little picture button). Very straightforward.

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.