One down, one to go...

I survived the chiropractor....

Deep breath.

Okay, it wasn't that bad. Little nerve-wracking, but okay. Dr. Mike is another one of those people who is just incredibly positive, even if I could clearly read that what he was getting from his assessment of me (for which I won't receive the "official" report until next week) was not so positive. No surprises there, really. I know there are problems with my back and shoulders. Hence why I was seeing a chiropractor.

I was really very impressed with the assessment - extremely thorough, but unlike a lot of medical assessments I've been through regarding my back/shoulders/whatever, I was never really uncomfortable, and never got the feeling that I was being blamed for my current state. I do distinctly remember often leaving physio feeling like I was somehow to blame, and was a little worried this would be the same. I'm very much looking forward to meeting with Dr. Mike again to review his findings and hear his recommendations.

Also received the report of my findings from the Wellness Consultation we did last week. Okay, I'm not so sold on this. I mean, the report was great and all, but I have a hard time believing that I'm above average in handling stress, it only measures my cardiovascular health based on one set of readings, which can be affected by just about anything (and I was anxious about the body composition readings, so I know my resting heart rate was measuring at higher than normal) and.... yeah. I just wasn't convinced. It's also very expensive to sign onto the "personal wellness coaching", and I think that much money would be much better put towards sessions with a personal trainer. So yeah, interesting, and maybe useful for someone else, but ultimately not for me.

Tomorrow is the dentist....

More deep breaths....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.