Get to the basement!!! Wait, no, that's tornadoes...

Sorry for the lack of updates. We're preparing for Hurricane Earl, which is due to make landfall tomorrow morning. Eek. So much to do! (I asked a friend of mine today "So, have you battened your hatches yet?" and he replied "You know, the sad thing is, if we didn't live in Nova Scotia, that would have sounded a little dirty... but I knew exactly what you meant.")

Some good news! I got into Dal's Health Centre today (I love being a student!) and was able to have my knee looked at. The doctor thinks it is likely a tibial plateau bruise - so not really that serious at all. It'll need some time to heal, and means still no high-impact (i.e. running) for a while, but at least it isn't a cartilage or ligament issue, and no surgery. What a relief. If it isn't showing signs of improvement, or worsens at all, I'm to have x-rays done next week just to be safe, but having done some reading, it does seem logical with what I'm experiencing (including why it wouldn't respond to icing).

I've been running like mad getting ready for school, getting ready for the hurricane, getting last minute stuff done... and the funny thing is, I find the busier I am, the healthier I want to eat. Unfortunately, I also want to seem to eat more. I'm trying very hard not to do the calorie counting thing, because I just don't think it's necessary - I'm not gaining weight (and I know my lovely monthly friend is looming, so even my current weight is not accurate) though I'm not losing either. I've hit a bit of a plateau. However, it's been a really nutso month, the next week will continue to be nuts.... so maybe that's just all contributing. I think once I'm settled into my new routine and my current injuries have healed, I'll try shaking things up a bit.

I have swapped out running for spinning - I still don't like the bikes. But, I stuck with it. Twenty-five whole minutes. I also walk with a lot of fairly intense inclines. Neither quite has the kick running does (nor do they burn the calories) but it's cardio. I'm also going to have the strongest core muscles in the world.

Anyhow, I have to keep getting ready for our storm, so I must sign off. If you don't hear from me, assume it's the Hurricane and NS Power's famed incompetence.

TGIF!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

SiteMeter

 

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.